Sleigh Bells: when consolidation sounds just right


When I first listened to Sleigh Bells, I couldn’t do it for a long time. Their music was just too loud for my taste. However, there was something that kept me hooked to their sound. It was as if I knew that if I kept on listening to them, I might get into their music. And that’s what happened indeed. More than a year and a half has passed since this duo became a sensation. And they seem to have ingested this remarkable success with impressive maturity. If you listen to Reign of terror (2102), their sophomore record, you will have a very good idea on how they have been able to capitalize on their good moment, by offering even better material than their predecessor. If Treats ended up being too much, Reign of terror surprises us by its sobriety, which adds more consistency to their sound. Sleigh Bells acts like a stronger entity, one that manages to make astonishing music, and at the same time, a more powerful statement.

This is the video for Comeback kid

Comentarios

Entradas populares